Berkeley Citizens is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors representing the lower, middle and upper geographical sections of Berkeley County. Direct experience with intellectual developmental disabilities is not necessary to apply for board membership. Members may be individuals who live or work in Berkeley County with skills and interests that can help broaden the expertise of the Board, for instance:
- Fiscal – CPA, Small Business Owner, Banking, Prior Not for Profit Service
- Education – Past or Present Employee of a School System, IEP experience, Social Worker, Teacher
- Marketing – Print Media, Web Based Media, Branding, Framing a Service Message
- Contract Management – Knowledge of State Grants and Contracts, Direct Medicaid Billing
- Sales & Fundraising – Member of a Foundation, Business Owner
- Mental Health – Member of a Mental Health Organization or Advocacy Group
- Community Service – Experience Recruiting or Managing Volunteers, Faith Based Organizations, Community Based Projects or Services, Leader of a Community Organization
- Advocacy – Public Policy Experience
- Health Care – Member of a Health Care Profession, Work in Health Care
If you are interested in applying for board membership, please call 843-761-0300 or contact us online.
The BCI Board meets nine times a year at 5:15pm on the second Thursday of selected months in Moncks Corner at our Administration office, 1301 Old Highway 52 South.
The following Board meeting dates have been scheduled for FY 17-18. Meeting dates may be subject to change; any changes will be posted.
- August 10, 2017
- September 14, 2017
- October 12, 2017
- November 9, 2017
- January 11, 2018
- February 8, 2018
- March 8, 2018
- April 12, 2018
- May 10, 2018
- June 14, 2018