1996 Mulberry Castle

Category: .

Product Description

Remaining intact as the most outstanding example of restoration in Berkeley County, the Jacobean baroque styled Mulberry Castle was built in 1714 by Thomas Broughton and restored in 1924. Located on the western branch of the Cooper River near Moncks Corner, Mulberry was probably named for the Mulberry tree that marked the boundary of the original 12,000 acres granted to Sir Peter Colleton that adjoined his Fairlawn Barony.