2015 Delta Pharmacy

Delta Pharmacy has been a downtown Moncks Corner icon for the past 80 years serving the rich and the poor, the old and the young, in times of peace, in times of war, and in times of natural disasters. Delta Pharmacy is flourishing today expanded to seven total locations under the 3rd generation owner Willis High.

Category: .

Product Description

Delta Pharmacy has been a downtown Moncks Corner icon for the past 80 years serving the rich and the poor, the old and the young, in times of peace, in times of war, and in times of natural disasters. Delta Pharmacy is flourishing today expanded to seven total locations under the 3rd generation owner Willis High.

In August of 1935, Dr. H. D. High Sr., affectionately known as “Doc,” moved to Moncks Corner and founded Delta Pharmacy on Railroad Avenue across the tracks from the train depot. In the original pharmacy there were three other owners including J. W. Mims, Marvin M. Murray, and George W. Law. As a partnership between “Doc” and three other gentlemen, the business flourished in the tiny railroad town.

In 1939 three of the four owners mutually agreed to sell their interests in the business to “Doc” High for the sum of $3,600. In 1940 Doc High became the sole owner of the little Delta Pharmacy by the train tracks.